1999 M3: seeking supercharger (or turbo) advice

Hi,

I am looking for a big power increase for my 1999 M3 convertible, for
street use.

Possibilities I've found:

A. Dinan supercharger system (just recently started using Vortech
supercharger, used to use Powerdyne I think)

B. The European Racing Technologies (ERT) supercharger system (uses
Powerdyne supercharger) (also sold by Turner Motor Sport (TMS))

C. The Race Marque Systems supercharger system (Vortech) (also sold by
TMS)

D. The Active Autowerke turbo system (uses Mitsubishi turbocharger).

(Links to all relevant web sites are at the end of this message.)

I am leaning towards the Dinan supercharger system for the following
reasons:

1. A coworker of mine had Dinan install "the works" on his M roadster,
and is completely satisfied with it. I took a ride in it, and it was
good... :-)

2. I live about a mile from Dinan, so it would be really easily to
have them install it.

3. I have visited their place a couple of times, and am
encouraged--they look like a really professional operation, doing
ongoing engineering. For instance, they are developing an intercooler
that can be retrofitted to their newer (Vortech) supercharger
conversions.

4. I drove one of their cars, and it was good... :-)

On the web and in the list archives, I've read comments by a few
people on the Dinan, ERT and Active systems. If I had an older M3 or
3-series, I would seriously consider the Active Autowerke system. But
according to their website, their OBD II kit can only be installed at
their HQ in Florida. They do offer to arrange for transport of the
car, but this seems like a *real* pain.

Now I don't want to start a flame war, and I don't want to give anyone
any unnecessary regrets about any choices they've made...

But I would appreciate hearing any stories anyone could share about
good and (especially) not-so-good experiences with forced induction
systems or with these compaies. Also any advice anyone is willing to
give me.

Thanks!
Alex
lewin+bmw@domain.elided
'99 M3C 5-speed
fern green (geez, couldn't they have come up with a sexier name for this?)
Dinan front strut tower brace