Service Indicators on E34

Fellow Bimmers

I have recently bought my first BMW (525i SE, 1992) and am loving it!
However the service indicator light has come on - the one with a clock and
'inspection' light lit up. There are still three green LEDs on. Does that
mean I have until all the LEDs go out before I need to action the service?

Also, I know this has probably been done to the death but I would
appreciate it if somebody would point me in the direction of resetting it.
I do recall a posting sometime ago, but that was for an E30. In my car,
there are three 'sockets', each with about nine pins. One is black the
other two are white. My car is a UK specification so I don't know if that
makes a difference to the wiring diagrams/pin layouts. Any help would be
appreciated.

A final question, would the resetting procedure also reset the green LEDs
or would it just turn off the Clock+Inspection? At this stage, I just need
it to reset the clock+Inspection, not the LEDs.

TIA

Salman

[Please reply to my personal address (preferred) or the digest]