Re: New To Group; Advice Needed!

Alexander,

The eta is one of the best motors ever made, I personally got 200,000 out of
mine before I wrecked the car, last word the person who bought the motor was
still running it 2 years later.  The eta can benefit from a few performance
mods that will bring the horspower to i levels (chip being #1 the dual i
exaust #2)  and you will still have more torque then A i motor (getting ~38
mpg), Check the head bolts, Make sure they are the new style, this is
somthing that goes, and change the timing belt Religiously every 50-60k and
the oil every 3,000 mi you should get 400,000 mi out of one of these motors
without a problem.  The head gaskets Notorosly weap oil, this is a low
pressure return line and is nothing to worry about.  I'm sure others on this
list can help you better. but I say go for it, I love ETA's

I boought my '86 in '95 for $3000 but it was far from flawless
Good luck

Jeff Lloyd
'96 Z3 1.9
RIP '86 325 ///e power