Re: ABS Pump & Mystery Noise

Kevin -

Your response re the need for a pump to provide
pressure for the ABS system interests me.  I know
nothing at all about ABS systems, but I thought that
the system on my '95 525i relied on the brake
pedal (with vacuum assist) to provide the pressure
and that the ABS module contained only two sets
of solonoid valves.  The first set activates =

(individually - there are three solonoids and circuits
in each set) to prevent increase of presure in =

wheel cylinders.  The second set activates to bleed
off excess pressure.  Said pressure limitation and
bleed off being the active ABS response to too much
pressure from the driver's foot.

Am I out to lunch??

Brant Miller