E36 Trunk problems

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my trunk lock.  Evidently, I've shut the trunk on
something and bent the latch mechanism.  When you shut the trunk, the latch
will not lock on to the striker plate.  It appears that the latch portion
(attached to the trunk lid) is bent.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix
this?  I pushed up on the trunk latch and this fixed the problem for about 3
times and now it will not latch again.  Am I going to have to buy a new trunk
lid?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff Williams