RE:<E34> Ball Joint Removal

Lance,
Here you go!
This puppy is a little pricey, but it will help keep you from making a trip
to the stealer!!
E32 & E34, Thrust Rod removal tool,
part number 88-88-6-312-140, list price $214.00
If you are a BMWCCA member then you can obtain one of these beauties for
$160.00 from:
South BMW Parts,
parts@domain.elided
Stephen Wolff

An alternate procedure:
Unbolt the tie rod lever arm(3 bolts bottom of strut) and use a heavy duty
tie rod puller to push the ball joint out of the tapered bore..  You will
need to use this procedure when you remove the lower control arm.
Enjoy,
Rod...