Re: M3 Dinan Supercharger Question

> Hi, I have a 97 M3 and I have read all the lit on the web about the
> supercharger modification that dinan can supply.  My question is has
> anybody on this board ever driven a M3 with this mod or do any of
> you have this modification on your M3.  If so please tell me your
> thoughts about the upgrade and if it is all it is cut out to be.

   As instructor at our BMW CCA's chapter driver safety school, I
drive  the student's car for a couple laps in the shalom (and skip
pad) to help get the students get up to speed faster (no pun
intended).   This is interesting because the instructors can come out
of 180 degree turn before the fast shalom and floor any BMW thru it
before the braking point at the next 180 degree turn, while the
students all lift off the accelerator before the reach that turn.

   Well,  I remember one school very well that had a flock of M3
student cars.   I had no problem with flooring most of the M3s thru
the fast Shalom, but one of them was significantly quicker and I was
quite challenged at the end.   So I asked: "why is your M3 quicker
than the rest?" and the student replied: "It has a Dinan
supercharger".   Thank goodness it also had Dinan suspension mods,
else I don't think I could have handled it with the pedal to the metal
thru out the shalom :-).

- --
'88 735i 5sp, Dinan prepared
BMW CCA #48432