brakes

Ok, now I am thouroughly confused.  If slotted/cross-drilled/larger rotors
won't help a car stop faster (shorter), then what will?  What can be done to
shorten the stopping distance?  I would've thought that the larger the rotor
and hence pad, the more friction and thus better stopping power.  or maybe
not, considering skinnier tires have more friction because the weight of the
car is concentrated on less area, or.....bottom line though, i have an '87
325--- what WILL help to stop better?  I think I heard something about the
brakes from a 933....sounds expensive.  And, do SS brakelines help the
performance or the feel of the brakes? What purpose do SS lines serve?

Trying to figure it out,
TIA,
Cam
87 325