[E36] Lowering Springs

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if anybody could give me guidance in the subject of
lower springs.

I have a 1994 318i.  Unfortunately, about 6000 miles ago, I had some H&R
sport springs installed.  Which lowered the car 1.5"/1.0".  I found this
too low.. as sometimes I would scrape the RD front spoiler which is on the
car if I am not careful.

So, right now, I am either going to go back to my stock springs, or
purchase some "not as aggressive" springs.

Is it feasible for me to put E36 325i springs on my car?  The way I see it
(could somebody correct me if I'm wrong) is that the 325i is roughly 70kg
heavier in the front due to the engine.  If I put 325i springs, the front
should sit slightly higher than it should.  I am guessing the rear will be
similar since the weight on the rears of these cars is similar?

Basically, I am considering the following springs:
1) H&R OE Sport E36 325i springs.
I am unsure on these springs.  Does anybody have experience with them?
Turnermotorsport says they do a 0.25" drop on the front and rear
(0.25"/0.25").  Whereas Tirerack says they do (1.0"/0.5").  Could anybody
verify these numbers?

2) Racing Dynamics E36 318i springs.
I understand these springs should be designed to work with other RD
components.. so the drop should not be low as to make my RD front spoiler
hit the ground easily.  I also understand these are more conservative
springs, and do not lower the car very much.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I am also considering shocks.. but they are too expensive for me to afford
right now.  I hope that if I do a conservative lowering job, then the wear
on my shocks will not be as bad as it is now.  My car currently has 30,000
miles.

Thanks for the help.

Garson