Garage Floor Vapor Barrier

I don't want to bring up a thread that seems to go on too long (ie, Which
Garage Floor treatment is best) but I'd recommend to anyone considering
treating their floors this year to do a simple test now to determine if
your concrete floor was installed with a proper vapor barrier.  Without a
proper plastic barrier under the concrete floor, hydrostatic pressure can
undo any attempts to seal your garage floor from oil and grease.

With Spring being the rainy season, tape a 1 sq ft clear plastic liner (you
can cut a 4mil plastic bag) to one or two spots on your garage floor.
Leave them sealed to the floor for a few weeks.  If you begin to see
condensation forming under the plastic, your floor was poured without a
vapor barrier and I would advise against any type of epoxy sealant (paint
or quartz treatments).  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com