E34 sedan/touring Tow bars ?

Some time ago I purchased a "pre-enjoyed" tow bar assembly for my E34 saloon.
I did not use it at the time but I attempted to fit it to the E34 touring I
purchased recently.

The rear rail below the tailgate seems different on the touring ?

Are the OEM bars supplied for the saloon/sedan the same as the
touring/estate/station wagon ?

I aslo have the electrics.  Most of the plugs are self explanetory (tail lights
etc.) but there are
two on longer cables that seem to extend as far as the box under the rear seat.
Any ideas ?

I need the adaptor to convert from the BMW plug to the UK standard hitch socket.
(Part No. ?)

SHOULD I FIT THIS ONE TO THE SALOON/SEDAN AND START AGAIN ?

Garry

wigg@domain.elided

Wilmslow UK
1990 318i touring (for sale) 120K
1990 518 SE 102k
1991 520 Touring 133k
1970 TR6 100k    .....   BACK ON THE ROAD LAST WEEK AFTER 13 YEARS !