<E30> Weird Wipers

Hi

Has anyone seen this one? When I turn on the wipers on my 1987 325IS, they
quickly jerk downward and then only come up as far as the middle of the
windshield (read right in the way of your eyesight).

I knew something was up when I got this car and the wipers were fairly high
up on the windshield in their normal resting position. When they are like
this they got a more normal sweep, but then they do not go down far enough
to rest.

So, two problems the downward motion when first turned on, and a shorter
than normal range of travel across the windshield.

Any tips?

Thanks

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car.

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5 Speed (green alloy wheels)