<E36> Built in stereo frequency crossover?

It's obvious that there's a Built in frequency crossover
in the E36 stereo system but is it active filters inside
the amplifier or passive ones at the speakers?

I recently bought a two way MB Quart system which a plan
to install in the kick panels and in the doors but I don't
want to have double filtering. Is there a way to remove the
bulit in filter and keep the amp? Or should I go the easy
way to replace the head unit and install a "real" amplifier?

//Magnus J 325i -93