Re: Pad/Rotor Selection

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Steve D'Gerolamo wrote:

> As far as rotors go, I personally would stick with either Balo or factory
> BMW rotors.  Again the reason is higher quality standards and better
> metallurgy.  If you buy the ATE power disks, let me know how they look
> after a month in the car.  SD

 No comments on actual rotor quality here, but as far as looks go,
what is up with the rotors I see on Z3s around here?  The surface
rusts while you watch!  Maybe it's all BMWs, but I've noticed most on
the Z3s, probably because they have highly visible rotors with those
wheels.  I walked past a Z3 on the way into work one rainy morning and
noticed "hey, shiny rotors."  On the way out of the building at the
end of the day, I saw the same car and said "hey, rusty rotors!"
 Allison BMW has/had an M roadster parked outside their showroom with
rotors practically glowing rust-color.  I mean really coated.  It's
going to take a few stops to make those puppies shiny again, and it's
probably going to sound wonderful too...

- --
  John Bolhuis  | "With freedom comes responsibility"
 bolhuijo       |                          -Space Ghost
  @domain.elided | "With freedom comes nudity!"