Pad/Rotor Selection

Subject: PBR Deluxe pads, Rotor selection
I need to replace my front pads (& rotors) and am wondering which ones
work the best. I have heard that PBR's are great, because they don't
dust, but the die-hard 'factory equipment' people have told me that the OE
pads are the only way to go (rotor life).
Which pads work best, and why ? How about Rotors ? (ATE Power disc OK?)
			PBR Deluxes are recommended for street use to customers who's top
priority is "minimizing brake dust".  PBR metalmasters are just as clean
and no bad for light track use.  Pagid street pads are recommended for
street use to customers who want minimal noise.  Pagid bakes out all the
impurities in their street pads which minimizes break-in period and
eliminates the main cause of brake squeal.  Their manufacturing tolerances
are tighter than PBR's and their pads are less likely to float vertically
within the caliper causing chatter (generally only noticable at low speeds).

As far as rotors go, I personally would stick with either Balo or factory
BMW rotors.  Again the reason is higher quality standards and better
metallurgy.  If you buy the ATE power disks, let me know how they look
after a month in the car.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com