Door lock/switch on 1988 528e

I'm hoping one of you has had the opportunity to look at door lock switches
at some point and might be able to give a bit of advice for my 88 528e.

After noticing that the keyways on both the driver and passenger doors were
getting harder to turn, I think something finally jammed in the 'on'
position because fuse #5 blew and I believe there is still a direct short
(tried to replace it once and immediately blew). I see in Bentley's how to
access the door lock mechanism, but does anyone know if the microswitch is
easy to remove/replace?

I suspect the problem was caused by the keyway/key being worn... I may need
entirely new locks (I can imagine how much THAT would cost) but I want to
try for switch problems first. It would be nice to get my tach, 4-way
flashers, and OBC back on line...

Thanks to whoever can help...