Re: <all> European CCA type club

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Paul F. Kunz wrote:

>> "Grauw, de H.(BNS SU NO)" <h.degrauw@domain.elided> said:
>
> > Dear fellow BMW enthusiasts, As BMW CCA members living in Europe, we
> > enjoy reading about the club life of our fellow members in the U.S.,
> > both in The Roundel and on the BMW digests. So much so that some of
> > us living abroad have wondered how we could share in and contribute
> > to the fun. Being sociable creatures, we found there was but one
> > obvious, if perhaps slightly audacious answer - form a club.
>
>    Well you could try to do that, but...
>
> - - What would you call your club?   Perhaps BMW ACA (BMW Auto Club of
>   Americans).   So you'll meet with other Americans living in Europe
>   with which you understand how to share values.
>
> - - If you form some American club you'll disassociate yourself further
>   from the native Europeans around you.   Wouldn't you rather enchance
>   your European experience by joining local club?

These are good points except that not all of us are Americans (I may
be the token example) and most of us live and work with the natives
and even belong to their clubs. We don't plan to give up those things,
nor do we want to.

The reason most of joined the CCA is that there are a lot of other
good things about it that we can't find in our local clubs, things I
think we can enjoy and contribute to despite our varied nationalities,
or perhaps because of them. Messr. de Grauw and I see a common
enthusiam for BMW's shared by bmw-digest and CCA members living in
different lands which we think could be exciting and rewarding to
bring together in a more trans-European, trans-Atlantic club. Perhaps
a common enthusiasm and greater contact with people in other regions
and other lands might enhance our European experience rather than
diminish it. I would be willing to see if it would. If nothing else,
it would be fun!

- -John
'96 318is

- --