Re: X-ONE tires

I once considered them a couple years ago for a Ford Taurus I no longer own.
I needed something inexpensive, decent handling, and all season (incl.
snow).  I went with Dunlop SP4000A/S, got overstock pricing ($53 ea), good
handling, and at least I didn't get stuck in the snow.  The X-One's seemed
to be a general passenger car all season tire and I wanted something that
handled better (even on the Taurus!).
Having said that, even though I haven't driven the X-One, I don't think
you'll like them.  I say that because you mention the AVSi (which I have on
my 328i) and I feel that if that performance tire is your point of
reference, not only won't the X-One be a great daily/autoX tire, it probably
won't have much if any handling capability at all (again, considering your
point of reference).
If you don't need snow capability there are lots of performance all season
tires that handle well, and have high mileage ratings (the Dunlops I had on
the Taurus I believe were rated 400 treadwear).
Good Luck,
Mark
'96 328i Sport, 17" OZ, AVSi (no longer any modification envy!)
BMWCCA North Star Chapter

- -