re: <E30> flickering oil light

     > I have noticed in the last week that if I am on the
     > freeway and come off the oil light will flicker when I
     > am at a stop at idle. Raising the rpms a bit makes it
     > go out. Today when I was parking the car at the metro
     > stop it started flickering again.

     Had a similiar condition last fall with the daily driver, 87 325e.
     Oil light started flickering for no apparent reason, (no run-dry, no
     overheat,...) Had 2k on the oil and good oil maintence, 145K on the
     clock.  Flicker at stops after runing a while, at idle only, rev-up
     stopped it.  Just to be sure, changed the pressure sensor with an oil
     and filter change, and that was it.  Suggest before you rip it apart,
     invest $12 in a new sensor, they do go bad.
     Mark Lombardi