re: e36 Overheating

>I have a 92 325is with about 140,000 miles.  Over the last 1,000 miles or so
>the temperature guage goes above half way, about 3/4 after or during fast
>driving for over 15 minutes.  Turning the heat on high brings the temperature
>guage back to half way.  The radiator is reconditioned (about 30,000 miles on
>this one).

>So far I have:  1.  Changed the thermostat;  2.  Flushed the system (including
>the engine block);  3.  Removed and back flushed the radiator.

Early M50 motors had a plastic impeller on the water pump I
believe. It isn't uncommon for this pump to fail and need
replacing with a new design. Pumps are not expensive
luckily.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!