RE: Tire question

> I need to change tires in the near future. I currently have
> 195/60/14 (which I believe is the default) on what I believe
> are also the standard rims.

In that case you have 195/65/14's.

> I was wondering if I could mount 205 tires on those rims or
> not? I even don't know if they exist (205/60/14 ?) or
> are there any alternatives? (without having to change rims).

Yes, they will fit. No rubbing and only 1.24% change (increase vs. actual)
in odometer reading.
There are really not other alternatives for 14" tires on stock wheels.

> (Are there any side-effects on mounting different sized tires?
> I know the topic is covered regular but I just want to make
> sure. Any help very appreciated, as always!

	Well, since the outer diameter of 205/60 tires + wheel will decrease
by 1.24%, your effective final drive ratio is lowered. Which is to say you
will be a tiny bit faster ;-)
	Also, since the tires are 10mm wider, your mpg's will drop slightly
and you will stick slightly better.

do it,
alex