E-30 questions

Hello,

I just purchased a 1987 325is after a long search for the right car.  I
plan to build a race car out of it to compete in SCCA ITS club racing
in the Mid-Atlantic for the 2000 season.  Currently, I race a Formula
Ford in SCCA, however, this class has become too expensive and dangerous
for my liking, so I am getting out of it after this year.

Does anyone on this list have any information about building an E-30 ITS
car they would be willing to share?  I'm pretty familiar with the
general SCCA IT preparation rules regarding rollbars, tires, saftey
equipment, etc., but I am in need of specific information that would
make the car compettitive. Things such as spring rates, shocks/struts,
7" rims with the proper offset,  good engine builders that could prepare
a legal IT engine, come to mind.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Doug