re: 535i question

>   I wanted to throw out a question on my 1986 535i... IDLE PROBLEMS!
>   Sometimes there are no problems.  Other times it just up and dies for
>   no reason.  Sometimes it is with the A/C on.  Other times involve
>   r.p.m. deceleration from 4000 to 750, as it pushing in the clutch and
>   slowing down as I approach a changing light on the highway.

In my case it was a bad unloader relay but I also replaced
the fuel pump and main relays in my search. All are cheap
and I'd consider them as preventative maintenance on an
older BMW.

May also be a bad AFM but that's a LOT more expensive so try
relays first. Also worth cleaning all the fuses and the
connections to the Motronic speed and TDC sensors.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!