'91 750iL Fuel Cutoff

Hello All -
On a '91 750iL the fuel cutoff seems to occur before the throttle is full=
closed,
then when acceleration is begun again, the throttle must slightly open
before the injector feed is turned on.  All of this causes a very anoying=

surge.
My manual (page 12-72/1) shows a 3mm gap to the gauge stop at idle. =

However the lever arm on the pedal value sender has a spline attachment
which seems to preclude a fine adjustment.
The whole procedure seems to be analogous to adjusting the throttle valve=

switch on the 6 cylinder cars.
Can anyone give me some pointers on this adjustment ?
Thanks in advance.
Kerm Achterman
kerm@domain.elided
BMWCCA 163753