Butt Dyno Works Well (JimC)

I've gotta share this will everyone who hasn't made up their mind to go get
the chip.
Thanks to Josh @ eurosport and a few pathetic Canadian C notes, I had a chip
delivered last week for the 92 325i. I got it in the morning at work and
installed it during lunch hour. Not too bad if it's the second time you have
the ECU apart! I plugged the ECU in after installing the chip and decided to
fire up the car before I put it all back together (old dogs & tricks...).
The throttle response seemed to be a bit better when reving the engine.
Re-assemble everything, put car back in parking spot and wait patiently for
the end of the day.

The day ends and I find the time to go for a little cruise. First
impression, "Let's go find some 5.0 mustangs!". The car pulls quite a bit
harder and the higher rpms are smoother. I would like to see a horsepower /
torque comparison graph between the JimC and stock, because it feels much
better then before.

If this isn't enough to confirm it, after I told the SO what I had bought
and got the "You didn't tell me about this. This won't happen after we're
married!" line, we went for a drive. Her butt dyno apparently works also!

Wendall
92 325i e36 - lots of stuff, but sharked and lovin' it!

End of bmw-digest V9 #1040