re: opinion wanted on old 633

>I think I finally found a fair deal on a 6 series.  It is an 82 633 with
>about 150,000 miles on it.  It is dark blue with the clear coat coming
>off in a few spots but there is no rust on the car at all.  It has a
>neat looking ground effects kit on it, some nice  16" 3 piece
>wheels and a borla exhaust.  It seems to be in decent shape
>mechanically.  The price is $2900 which seems to be fair.

If it's still on the original suspension and brakes budget a
replacement in the near future. Mine has 152K and runs
great. Late 82 models are better as they mark the change
from the E12 to E28 chassis. The old ones have three big
round dials on the dash, new ones have two.

Don't worry too much if the engine idle is erratic. Likely a
vacuum leak or a lack of maintenance.

Getting a six "right" isn't cheap but once sorted it will
give years of good service. I've spent 3K GBP since buying
mine and it runs better than when it left the factory :-)

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!