Re: [E36 - M52] Oil on Headers - HELP!!

Is it coming from the value cover gasket

- --------------------------------oOo--------------------------------
 Stephen Lafredo       Philadelphia, PA      slafredo@domain.elided
 BMW CCA DVC, NCC and NJC                       97 M3/2 & 89 325ix

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Brandon Ong wrote:

:Hello Guys,
:                 Recently, I noticed burnt smell from the engine
:compartment.  Today, I noticed smoke (oh shit!).  Pulled my car over and
:popped the hood.  Seemed like there were a few drops of oil that dripped or
:spilled onto the headers/downpipe.  Dunno where the oil came from.  No oil
:hoses near.  No leak from oil cap.  It was fine after the oil got fried.  It
:happened again later in during the day.  This time it wasn't too smokey,
:just smelly. Can anyone guess what is going on?  I don't wanna see my car go
:up in smoke.  Thank you.
:
:Regards,
:Brandon Ong