Oh no, it just got worse.....

Hi all,

With my complete lack of success in hunting down my mysterious lumpy
running / misfiring on my E36 I gave in and sent the car into the local BMW
dealer to have its' ECU interrogated for fault codes to give me some clues.

The bad news is that the dealers computerised-all-fangled-interrogator
could not communicate with my DME module and as such no information was
forthcoming! Should I be majorly worried about this and sell the car
quick-sharpish or what? They also mentioned the possibility of dodgy coils.
Has anybody ever suffered these and what are the exact symptoms?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~scm1/bmw.htm

'93 E36 325i SE (24v VaNoS, with a not-so-happy DME unit......)
(E36 ///M3 next...)

Southampton, UK