Has anyone ever polished up an M3 exhaust???

Hello all,

I just installed an M3 exhaust on my 325i last week and was wondering if
anyone has tried polishing one of these things.  It has a few chips in
the black paint and I was debating on spraying it black again or
stripping off the paint and polishing it up.  My car is black/black  and
I thought a polished up exhaust might look kewel.  It might even add a
bit more horse power!! Any tips on this?

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sharked,M3 muflrd, X-ed
L.A.Chapt BMWCCA