Loud noise

The other day I was driving the car and heard a loud noise coming from it.
This was the situation:  I was at a traffic light and had to take a left turn.
My ASC was off and I gunned it around the turn.  As I fish-tailed around the
turn, I hear a loud pop.  I thought I popped a tire or something.  I don't see
any damage on the exterior of the car.  I thought it could have been a back
fire or something but I don't remember if the noise came between shifts.
Thanks in advance.

Paul