Re: <E34 M5> Battery Recommendation Conclusion

Vadim Dubinsky wrote:
>Thank you all, who responded with a recommendation on a battery brand,
>price and source.
>Personal conclusion:
>
>I couldn't find a Battery Warehouse in SF Bay Area, where I am.  Picked up
>a Prostart (made by Exide) for $59 from PepBoys (yes, PepBoys) around the
>corner from my office, in San Jose, CA (mail me for their address).  The
>battery puts out 775 cold cranking amps, has 85-month warranty.  It fits
>well, except I had to bend the strap bracket slightly.  It didn't come with
>a vent tube nor had an opening for one.  It's predecessor, the Douglas
>brand, did not have a vent tube either.

Penny-wise, pound foolish!  Throw that P.O.S. away (or take it back) and
get yourself a vented battery.  The OEM Douglass, even from Batteries Plus,
is a vented battery, with a white case just like the BMW branded battery.
Is the drain/overflow tube still in your car?  The battery you bought will
simply vent into the interior of your car and you don't want to go there.

Get one with a vent and hook it up.

- -Phil