Re: CCA Driving School

Hi Rich, your helmet should carry a Snell 1990 or new rating, check to be
sure that it does.  Gloves are entirely optional, some drivers like them and
some don't.  Shoes are different - go with a closed shoe that has as thin
a sole as possible.  This lets you feel the pedals better.  Don't get too
worried about the clothing stuff, it isn't like racing where you need
Nomex!

Bring a cooler with drinks to keep yourself hydrated.  Water is good,
although I personally like to keep an I.V. drip of iced tea going - but that's
just me.

Dress in layers of clothing so you can adjust for changing weather
conditions.  Check to find out if you'll be required to work corners - some
schools use students for this, some hire workers.  If you work corners,
you could be standing around in the rain, or whatever the weather turns
out to be, so be prepared.

Finally, take a good attitude and an open mind, listen to your instructors
and have fun!

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977