Re: Possibly FS: Dinan Badge

>This past week I've seen two bogus ///M's.  1) a 325 with all sorts of
fender
>flares, tinted windows and chrome wheels with a big ///M325i on the trunk,
and
>2) a very clean and otherwise nice looking 635csi for sale, I inquired
about
>the ///M badge on the trunk and the mechanic just sort of chuckled "Ha, no,
>there's no ///M mechanics on this car, he he he...".  Perhaps one of these
two
>car owners could use a Dinan badge too?

I regret to say that my car is a former bogus ///M as well.  When I got my
'83 320i in October from its previous owner it had an ///M on the grill, as
well as an ///M shift knob.  It was a completely stock 320i, made before
///M even started touching the 3-series.  I could have accepted it if it had
the engine and tranny of an E30 M3, which is a not uncommon mod to this car.
But not knowing the shift pattern of this car, I found myself following the
incorrect pattern printed on the ///M knob, starting in 2nd with an engine
that has very little torque!  However, the day I got it the ///M came off
the grill, and now makes a very nice decoration in my cubicle at work.  As
for the shift knob, it has to go, and is slated for replacement once I deal
with some more serious issues.

    - Justin