Re: <02> tii question (actually 2)

At 10:50 AM 3/3/99 -0500, Mike wrote:
>I hate oil drips and to remedy this I need to replace the oil pan gasket.
>Can the oil pan be removed without having to move the engine around? Also,
>the PO installed 13in wheels which I guess is different from what originally
>came on the car. This apparently has some effect on the speedometer. Can the
>speedometer be adjusted to account for this?

1) I don't think you can remove the oil pan without lifting the engine
some.  The oil pump is in the way (in the front of the motor).

2) 13" wheels came stock on these cars.  Check the wheel height compared to
stock (around 23.4").  I may be a bit off on the height so someone please
correct me if I am.  They may have changed the diff to a 320i LS 3.9 diff
(mine came with a 3.64).  This would throw the speedo off too.  The speedo
is driven from a gear in your transmission.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii