Re: BIG SUV -- be afraid

>Two words:  Tow Vehicle.

Yes, I know that, but just like the Expeditions, about 90% of them will be
driven by soccer moms.   The only reason that ford when with the F350
chassis was to on up the Suburban 2500 (the suburban is also availible
in a 1500).   The F250 chassis would have been lighter, and is capable
of towing the largest tag trailers.   Anything requiring the F350 would
be a gooseneck, or 5th wheel, which you obviosly can't pull with the
Excursion.    For these applications, there is the F350 crew-cab.

Yes, I know some need a full sized SUV to tow AND haul a family around,
and it is good these are availible for this use, but 90% of them will never
see tow duty, and the though of someone driving them that doesn't under-
stand how much mass is there to slow down in a panic situation, and how
much damage they'll do to another vehicle scares me.

One solution might be weight-class license  for say, >6000lb vehicles,
to fill the gap between normal drivers licence, and CDL.

'89 325i w/ Jim C Chip, heated aspherical Euro mirrors
89 325i w/ 15x7 Borbets & Jim C. Chip :-)
'84 325e 5spd (forsale soon)
'74 2002 Forsale (need money, will be missed)
'72 2002 Forsale (         ""               )
'67 Pontiac Firebird 400 Conv (4spd)
'87 F-150 (Parts hauler and tow vehicle)
Jay Snyder                                   ________
jsnyder@domain.elided                      /________\
http://www.microserve.net/~jsnyder         (oo==OO==oo)
(717)652-3567                               @        @