Re: BIG SUV -- be afraid

Oh waah.  SUV are actually good for some things - like hauling trailers and
loads of crap.  I've been salivating over the F-150 (and 250?) 4-door
pick-up that was at the Detroit auto show
(http://www.f150online.com/fordnews/2p.html).  And I am very happy that SUVs
will be required to meet passenger car safety and emissions requirements.
Instead of legislating them out of existence, let the eventual market shift
take care of the problem.  Signs are the shift is already happening.  Thus
leaving lots of used SUVs glutting the used car market for those who can
really use one :)

Jim Moran
'88 M6
What if there was a flame war and nobody posted?

- -----Begin Included Message-----

> Jay Snyder wrote:
>
>> Imagine a
>> soccer mom driving this monster while talking on the cell phone,
>> and you are in your bimmer.   Scared yet?   I sure am.
>
> Yeah. Imagine what happens when this 7000 pound monster hits your 3000
> pound car. It has that "blocker beam" to prevent your car from sliding
> under. Other then that, it'll be like slamming into a concrete wall.
>
> I like how they say it "sets a bold new standard for safety and they
> environment." It's true.

Perhaps the quickest way to drive such leviathans to extinction is
raise U.S. gasoline prices to $3 a gallon.  With their much higher
power to fuel consumption ratios, BMW's would fill the resulting void
like mammals after the dinosaurs.

- - -John
'96 318is

- - --
john.firestone@domain.elided

What if there was a flame war and nobody posted?