Re: E28 PS Reservoir Filter..

>84 E28 533i

>Power Steering reservoir, dissasembled, in the bottom is a round piece,
that
>looks like it is made of some kind of porous material.

>I does not look clogged up at all, should I replace it?

>Any idea what it's called?

>Mike Dean

You are likely referring to the Oil Strainer PN 32 41 1 128 173 on
diagram 32/0100B of the fiche.  If it is not damaged, I would not
replace it.  However there is a filter cartridge shown on the same
diagram as PN 32 41 1 128 167.  I would tend to replace that since I am
already in the unit unless it was replaced relatively recently.

Walter

End of bmw-digest V9 #1003