Re: E30 Cruise Q: iX related?

dave,

you write:

<<With cruise engaged at either 73 or 76, occasionally the car would start
to accelerate in a manner similar to when you click resume after having to
slow down due to traffic. The acceleration would be very brief and then it
would go back to normal.  Throughout speed stayed relatively constant at the
set speed or close to it. It happened maybe 20 times during the 900 mile
drive.>>

this has happened to me a few times.  it kinda surges right?  well, as it
was occurring the other day i watched the speedo.  the needle was unsteady
and kinda jumpy, around 80mph.  i am thinking that the speedo is the
problem.  maybe the speed sensors (or whatever it is that determines the
vehicle speed) is cutting in and out just briefly which, of course, the
cruise sees as a drop in speed and tries to compensate for it by
accelerating.  then when then the speedo catches up the cruise drops off.
this all happens in about 1-1.5 secs to me.  i am going to keep an eye on
the speedo and see what i come up with.  if you find out anything
interesting i be glad to hear it.

regards,

jack money
motor city chapter