Re: 88' 528e Stock Radio Needed

I have a 86 325es and recently replaced my head unit.  I wasn't aware of the
factory amp and had a 35x4 sony cassette head installed.  Didn't sound so good
cause of that damn amp.  The amp only powers about 25 watts per channel (rough
estimate).  I had the unit installed at Circuit City.  Recently I dove in
there to rewire it to bypass the amp.  It was kinda wierd, but each channel
had it's own wire... waiting to be plugged in,, but some wires were still
going to the amp - then from the amp to the speakers.  I attached new speaker
wire to the (labled) wires and ran it to each speaker and it sounds much
better.  You definately don't need another BMW one.  Go buy one from some
reputable electronics store and pay the extra $40 or so to get them to install
it.  Should only take them an hour compared to a couple hours of your time.
ask them if they can bypass the amp and go straight to the speakrs... it'll
sound a lot better!
Let me know how things go!

Jeff Patch
86 Alpine White 325es - K&N, 17" giovanna, dunlop w10 215/40/17, sony 140 watt
cassette, pioneer 300watt 6x9, jbl 5x1/4"s, no more damn factory amp.
http://jamspot.simplenet.com