Re: [E28/E30] Proper compression #'s for eta engines?

Hi Joe,

The Bentley manual says 10 to 11 bar (142-156 psi). Apparently this is for
all of 318, 325e and 325i. No max variation between cylinders is given.

I've been wanting to a compression test too. Maybe today. Maybe it'll
explain why my car only goes about 112 mph and my average fuel consumption
is only 23.5 mpg.

Good luck,

Michiel

At 10:31 AM 2/22/99 -0500, XXX wrote:
>Hello,
>	Does anyone know the proper compression readings for an eta engine from
an '85 528e?  Need to perform a compression check
>before deciding upon replacing the cylinder head, rebuilding entire
engine, or performing an entire engine swap (eta or Chevy/Ford
>V8 conversion.)  Once I have the stats on my engine, it'll be easier to
perform a cost/value analysis of my options.