Synthetic Oil (AGAIN?)

Hey all-  Long before picking up the digest, I switched my '85 325e to Mobil
1. (It had about 90,000 miles at the time) Now, just as someone on the digest
predicted, she's losing oil around the seals. My question: Is it too late (25K
later) to switch back to petroleum oil and gunk up the leaks, or is it time to
suck it up and get seals done? I know you guys out there will have wise
counsel.
Thanks- Bil Powell
'85 325e with Dinan chip (passe' I know) K&N with drilled airbox, and spots on
the driveway