<E30> OEM Cat Back Exaust Question

Hi

I need a new cat back exaust for my 1987 325IS. Several BMW dealers have
told me that there are two for this car.

One is for a prod date up to 9/87 and the other is for after 9/87. My car
has a 4/87 prod date. The trouble is is that the eary OEM system costs quite
a bit more than the late one. I have been under both cars (my 87 and 88 ISs)
and they look the same relative to the subframe hanger and the rear hanger
hoops. Does anyone have any exp with this? I am tempted to get the later
model system.

I know that the aftermarket Exaust makers like Ansa and Bosal only supply
one system for this car. I am avoiding them because I have heard from allot
of people that they fit poorly and rust out early.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car.

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5 Speed.