<E36>325i Sunroof Problem

The sunroof in my brothers 1993 325i has always seemed to operate a
bit slowly.  As of yesterday, the roof will close fully, and will go
into the tilt position (and close from the tilt position), but will
only slide back (to the open position) about 1/2 inch before stopping.
 It will then close back, but again, wont open fully. I've checked the
Haynes manual, but it basically states "its complicated..leave it to
the dealer".

Well, if thats the case, OK, BUT has anyone else encountered this
problem, and if so, how did you fix it.  Nothing appears to be binding
or stuck, but we have not removed the entire headliner to check.

Any input is welcomed.

Thank you

Ron Browne
1992 318is