Wanted: one Dunlop SP2000 (without "E") 225/50ZR16

Have a "brand new" (i.e. unused) Dunlop SP2000 (225/50ZR16) on my spare
wheel in trunk - made mistake purchasing (from BMW dealer) in Sep 1997 - but
that is another story.   My wife's 96 328is now really needs a pair of new
tires but over past 3 months, everywhere I have checked with (including
TireRack) tells me that only the SP2000 "E" is available - that SP2000
(without "E") has been discontinued - doesn't seem to matter that TireRack
inexplicably continues to list it in all their advertisments....!?!..?
(Wish TireRack could make more sense ... with all their expertise and savvy,
I am surprised... also frustrated).  Nope, BMW dealers (SF BMW; Peter Pan
BMW; Allison BMW) did not hold out any hope either.

Anyway, I am thinking that there should be another frustrated soul out in
the Digest  universe who is likely to be in a similar predicament (or will
be soon). Since a single 100% unused tire is no good to me (or to anyone
else), I am prepared to buy, or to sell - either way, 2 lonely SP2000's will
be together as they should be.

TireRack lists cost at $206 (plus S&H).  I am prepared to buy yours, or to
sell mine,  at say, $180.  To ensure meeting of minds, the sold tire must be
undamaged and completely unused.  I am in San Francisco Bay Area and
therefore finding someone in same vicinity would be an obvious mutual
advantage - if not, seller pays 7-days UPS shipping).

If anyone is at all interested please email privately to   ianchong@domain.elided
(minimizing unneccessary bandwidth on Digest).

Many thanks,
Ian Chong
BMWCCA #F148847 GGC