E30 325IC Broken Timing Belt

Well, it sucks but I got a broken timing belt in my beloved 325IC -- the
strange thing is that I had it replaced recently... My mechanic won't know
until tomorrow exactly to what extent the damage has been done. I was going
about 5 miles an hour when it happened at about 1000 rpm - but i did try to
turn it over about 3 times afterwards and once to push start it. I know that
wasn't the smart thing to do - but the damage has been done.

My question is two fold: 1) if there is a whole in the cylinder - can it be
repaired? and 2) where can I buy a good rebuilt engine from? Any mods that
could be done at the time of a rebuilt that I should be looking for or
requesting? (I'm in the Seattle area and I can be reached privately at
a-petsan@domain.elided or petsan@domain.elided)

Thanks! Peter

PS: I don't know what I'd do without this digest :)

End of bmw-digest V9 #981