mystery on old 02 heads cleared up

I recently replaced the head on my 02 using a old head I got through barter.
Only as I was getting ready to bolt it on did I notice it didn't have a
center hole for the hollow "banjo" bolt to mount the oil spray tube over the
cam. You may remember my posted query to the list on this mystery.

Thanks to Peter McHenry in NC (whom many of you may know as an expert on all
things BMW), I learned that this old head (model #116) uses a hollow cam for
lubrication.

Maybe I should donate it to the Smithsonian, but I thought I'd give it a
try.

I'd like to recommend Peter's services as a mechanic to anyone who may be
near him in NC:
Peter McHenry
2611 Reynolds Drive
Winston-Salem NC 27104
(336) 761-0643

I'd also like to thank Jim Rowe for his advice on this mystery, and
recommend his services to anyone in MO:
Jim Rowe
Metric Mechanic
PO Box 4439
2507 Truman Road
Kansas City MO 64127
(816) 231-0604

I hope these recommendations don't offend the sensibilities of anyone on the
list, but we all know how the community of BMW enthusiasts keeps us all
going. Peter and Jim went out of their way to help me out on a question that
was stumping other experts, and I think their helpfulness and expertise
should be supported.

- --
Nathan Angell
'69 1600-02