<E34> Power Steering Question

On my '92 525, when I first start it up in the morning the steering wheel
will turn left with power assist but not right.  After it gets really warm
it seems to be OK but I have experienced times when it has surprised me and
not wanted to turn right, even after warming up.

Do you think changing the fluid would help?  The dealership says there are
no filters on the '92 E34 like on other years.  HOWEVER, if there were a
filter and it was holding up the fluid flow, I would expect it to affect
both directions.

Suggestions?

TIA....

Norm
* Norm Grills   				BMW CCA # 57310         *
* Plano Texas   BMW's  - 635, 525	        BMW MOA # 19040	        *
*                        K1100/LT		IBA member              *
* Webmeister:                                                           *
*   Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA \	                                        *
*        Lone Star BMW Riders  \  <http://web2.airmail.net/grills/>     *
*                     E24 FAQ  /                                        *