Snow tire/wheels

I recently purchased a '91 M5 and live in the northeast.  The car came with
stock wheels and performance tires.  Obviously in the northeast, I need
snow tires, but finding cheap wheels is tough.  I believe I have a few
options - which is best?

1) Put all-season tires on the stock wheels - and sacrifice performance,
but gain all weather traction.

2) Put snow tires on the stock wheels during the winter.

3) Buy new wheels with snow tires - the best option, but at a high price.
Where do I obtain cheap wheels and what size 16 or 17 inch?

Keith
'91 M5