Active Autowerke (was anyone tried the Active Motorwerks' exhaust for M3?)

"Maestro Graphics Inc." <edmok@domain.elided> asked:
Subject: anyone tried the Active Motorwerks' exhaust for M3?

>Just wondering if anyone has any comment on the stainless steel exhaust for
>the e36 M3 sold at Active Motorwerks. It has high claims but looks a bit
>weird.

>Thanks.

>edmok@domain.elided

ed (?),
I haven't tried the exhaust yet, but I plan on it very soon.
The company is Active Autowerke, not Motorwerks.
http://www.activeautowerke.com
I have experience with their performance chip (edited with the Jim C. DME
Editor) and I can tell you that Karl and Mike are absolutely brilliant. I
had tried Dinan and other tuners chips for my car, but the AA chip was by
far the best for my setup (E36 325i with open filter and M3 exhaust).
I also have their rear shock tower brace which is outstanding in fit and
finish. Even came with really good (REAL WORLD) instructions. These guys
are enthusiast, engineers and perfectionists.
If there's a product I need and they make it, they've got my business.
Oh yeah, and they're honest too. I wanted to get a turbo for my 325i
automatic, they said..."Nope, it's gonna break the diff, wait 'til you get
a manual". Most shops would've just taken my money.

Usual disclaimers apply.

- - Chip
Windy City Chapter
BMW CCA#144492