Lights and Wattage

Everybody is talking wattage when it comes to lighting.  However, wattage is
just a measure of power consumed and not output.

It is a little like the fat kid that eats excessive amounts of food, but has
little relation to how much work we get out of him.

The true output should be measured in lumens or candle power to be really
meaningful.  Add to that the frequency range of the emission of light.

Our eyes are not uniformly sensitive to the complete visible spectrum.

Now that you have all these lumens, and at the right wavelengths, the beam
pattern and how aimed make all the difference in the world, I agree!

Marv
- --
debequem@domain.elided
http://home.att.net/~mdebeque/index.html